Anti-Takedown Method?

Would the anti-takedown method described, work?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

neet

I have an idea to slow down or even prevent takedowns from happening on sites like MEGA. I'm not sure if this method has already been discussed, or is already used by people. But I have been in the leaking seen for over a year now, and I've seen nothing like this used or even talked about before.

Here's my theory. Say you have an leak, we'll call it 'leak_folder'. And lets also say that you wanted to upload leak_folder to MEGA. Well, having a raw folder uploaded to MEGA isn't a very safe option. Links on MEGA only last a week in some cases. Of course, there are sites like bunkr and cyberdrop but they aren't always viable (bunkr is very slow right now, and cyberdrop registration is closed). So instead of uploading a raw folder, we should compress the folder using 7zip or WinRAR twice, so that we would have leak_folder.(x compression method) inside of leak_folder.(y compression method). And we would also need to add a password to the containing folder to prevent any content moderators from actually viewing the contents of the archives. Of course, we would then need to add said password to our threads or posts.

Now here are some of the reasons this method might not work:
  1. This would require full archives to be downloaded, which would hurt people with low storage space and or slow download speeds. So this would only be efficient for use on archives a few gigabytes large.
  2. Users would not be able to see what content they're getting until the full archive is downloaded and extracted.
  3. If a leak becomes large enough, mass reporting would become an issue either way. If MEGA or any other site sees that one particular link is being reported by many people, then they would have reason to suspect that the link is bad and should probably be removed.
Thank you for reading.