Can i mute my microphone on Stripchat?

nadia91

Wanted to know if there's a way to mute my microphone so that viewers cannot eavesdrop on my chitchat every once in a while

mischka

Hi. It doesn't necessarily say that it's against the rules, but it says "When online, it's highly advisable that the model has the microphone turned on and communicates with their visitors. It’s important to make sure that the microphone is enabled and unmuted in order to keep a good StripScore."

Are you talking about talking on the phone? If you don't mind me making the suggestion...if you have to talk on the phone, I'd recommend saying "I'll be right back, you guys!" and ending the stream before accepting (or making) the phone call. And then when your conversation has ended, restart your stream. With maybe the exception of voyeur cam streams (Where the model isn't interacting at all with guys in the room), members usually consider it a turn-off to see cam models on their phone while live. It's been discussed on this forum, and it's something that both members and models agree that we just shouldn't do while live.

Not to mention...even with muting the mic, I don't think I could ever be comfortable with being on the phone while live on cam because of the possibility of saying something personal that members shouldn't hear. You could slip up and accidentally blurt out your real name, number, or address or something.

Stripchat says that if you're away from your cam for longer than 2 minutes, they want you to end the stream. So if you go the "Walk away from the cam to answer/make a quick phone call" route, I think you should say (and type into the chat) "BRB, guys!" and make it back in under 2 minutes. If the call was from, say, my grandmom (who has a tendency to keep me on the phone for like 30 minutes...), I absolutely wouldn't be able to walk out of the room briefly...I'd have to end the stream and come back later.