Choosing not to be on platforms and Amazon giftcards

anaismay

Hello,
I have been a cam model for about one year and a half now, following the pandemic. I must admit I have been quite unconventional in my endeavours: I am not on Chaturbate, My Freecam or the like. I marketed myself on a popular sex-related videochat in the country I am from. There are reasons why I think this choice is the best for me.
I have never showed my face so far and never revealed my real name. I kept it extra safe.
I also never earned a lot - just the minimum to get by, which is fine by me.
However, as you can imagine, payments have caused me a lot of frustration. I started by PayPal (which was deleted about three times as I don’t use my real name so I eventually dropped it) and I am currently just accepting Amazon GiftCards. They are somewhat limiting - granted but still better than nothing. I earn about 600-700 euros in giftcards per month and so far I never experienced any issues - as far as I know, giftcards are pretty safe as they are unrefundable. Unfortunately, after some googling, I realised that kind of amount in giftcards isn’t safe either and that it will get red-flagged by Amazon at some point. I also spent the balance soon after redeeming the codes and this has kept me away from trouble (but also prevented me from SAVING).
Imagine my shock when I learnt, after a little research, that when your account does get suspended, you will lose your balance as well (at least PayPal only locked it for 180 days). This means I can’t save up to 500-600 euros with no risk, which means I can only buy inexpensive items. What if I need a phone? A dishwasher? At least, if I do get locked out of my account, I will only have lost a few hundred euros. I am not risking my hard earned money with a much larger sum.

I created this thread to know whether any other cam models do the same (market themselves privately and not on platforms) and if any of you have ever hoarded that kind of money in Amazon giftcards and if something ever happened to your account. Can anyone confirm it’s safe? Was your Amazon account ever suspended as a result of storing too many giftcards ?

evapirs

If you want to be totally indie, I would recommend using a payment processor like CCBill. It would give you more peace of mind since they're adult friendly and wont close your acct/take your money ❤