Different platforms rating systems

SHOULD CONTESTANTS BE ABLE TO USE A BRIBERY TECHNIQUE TO GET VOTES WHEN NOT FOLLOWING THE CONTEST DE

• Yeah, whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seems sketchy

• Maybe, but the entries should be checked to see if the model even tried to post a themed photo

• No, it brings down all the others who followed the rules, but aren't driving traffic with incentives

• No. Just plain old no.

• Total voters

myfreecamskitty

Hi lovelies! As I've said, I create content for mv and frisk. mv is obsessed with contests and do them weekly. My question to you is, do you think it's fair that the top winners of every contest have bribed people to vote for them? In the little description box under a contest entry you can enter whatever, but some put nothing about the contest and just "one vote equals 1 free vid, 5 votes equals 2 vids, etc." These aren't "specials" they just have on their page, you HAVE to vote for that individual to get them. Why in the heck would people not vote for free knowing they will be getting free content? Do you think contests should be the picture that matches the theme and then just a cute caption, or do you think it's perfectly acceptable to rack up votes via bribery? Also, do you think mv should still check the winner's photos to see if they have any correlation to the contest theme? Because they absolutely do not at the moment and it's very obvious. I think you know my answer by this post, haha. I also just think it's sad because there are girls that are waaaaaay down the list that have started this tactic and they are just losing money by having no chance of winning while simultaneously giving away content. Then there are girls who actually follow the theme and produce stunning photos, don't bribe, and never make the top 500, yet their content is phenomenal and professionally done. I skip around with entering, but I've found it has never once brought me knew fans, so I don't see the point since I can't put up a picture that people would normally pay for because their going to see my entry when they click on my link and get pissed they paid for a pic everyone is seeing. Rightfully so.

Last edited by a moderator:

lianasteff

I agree it does seem a little sus and doesn't seem to offer an equal or fair playing ground. Unfortunately, this is one of those things that I feel most just chalk up to being part of the industry. Where is the individual who said they were starting a better cam site? Maybe this can be one of the suggestions. Fair footing for contests and events!