Do you know how to sell yourself/your shows?

CherryCrush

Legendary
Hi
I thought about starting this thread because first of all, i see a lot of girls complaining about traffic, clients, timewasters and such, but do we remember that before we cam that we actually need to sell ourselves and our services to them?
I heard from a cam model that she wasnt being able to sell shows and that guys are timewasters/twats.
My first question to her was: How do you talk to guys? Do you treat them all the same? Do you talk to him like he was already a time waster and you dont have time to waste? Do you listen to your client and what hes looking for? Do you treat all clients the same? Coz let me remind you, when you sell something, you need to listem to the client and what he wants. Dont talk to him like a robot. In my experience, the way you sell your services to an american is much different from selling to a latino (spanish, italian, french).
Americans and english guys are more into kinky than latinos, the last ones are more into vanilla shows and some romance. Do you take the time to know your client and what hes actually looking for?
I always go with this story: you are the buyer, you walk into a store, you dont know yet what you want, you start trying clothes, still didnt figure out what you want or need and imagine if every outfit you try, the sales woman asks you: ok, now are you going to buy this one? Are you ready? Rushing you to buy and making you feel bad. Sorry, if i get this kind of treatment, Im gonna run for the hills and look for a store where they dont show so clearly that all they want is my money!
Also, do you buy every time that you enter a store? Do you look whats on the shelves and sometimes leave without buying anything?
Well, the same happens to them. I always remember, that these guys are looking for fantasy and to have fun. If i go with : my shows is this, that and that. price is $$$. Sorry, i dont see that guy buying, in fact i see him getting from hardon to a soft one in a matter of seconds and just not buying anything.
I also remember that i have tons of competitors which actually take their clothes off (my case), how am i going to make this guy buy from me, what can i offer that makes him buy from me and not from a girl who will get naked and play with a toy. But thats me, im a non nude model.
I know there are tons of time wasters out there, i get them all the time as many of you do. But my job is to sell and if i suck on selling, i wont be camming, coz all starts with the sale. Am i selling myself right? Do i make an effort to really sell myself without expecting that the guy needs to buy from me because i sure am hot and dont need to do more than showing my pics for him to decide? Well, yes, you do need to do much more than letting him see your pics and decide by himself if he wants a show from you or not, you need to sell yourself like no other girl does, you need to be nice and have patience and you need to be wanted. If you lack on knowing how to sell yourself, you wont sell, coz we have too many competitors and the nice ones win.
Unless you dont care about how many sales you are losing and all is good for you, you will need to change your attitude and try harder to sell before you cam.

Im sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give some insight of what i hear now as a webmistress and how i think some can improve their sales just by changing their attitude a bit.

CherryCrush

Legendary
Always selling....always. Always interested, excited, and happy to see them. Most of the time it will pay off. A lot of guys want a connection and when they can do that and have some hot sex, they will seek you out. Get several friends and it can be a lot of fun - but it is certainly a job nonetheless.

CherryCrush

Legendary
I've been really working on this for the past couple weeks, and its so strange when i get business guy types, the ones who ask for rates and details. Instead of "breaking character" so to speak in front of the other viewers I turn up the sexy and give a teasing description of my show. I'm still surprised how well it works, they wont care about the rates if you dont seem to either