Manyvids Issues Since Update

alice90

Hi everyone! I'm new to making content and started on ManyVids in February 2022. I have been consistently uploading new vids weekly and for a while I was making lots of sales, getting requests for customs, tons of hearts and re-mvs and then after the most recent update it's been just like...crickets. Around the middle of April, I think. I've sold 2 vids in the past week and the person was a repeat customer, which I appreciate but I am not getting any sales from new people. Since they messed up the notification function, I don't see when I have a new followers, but I do have new people following me. I've been hearing that a lot of other creators and members are having issues too.

I am irritated because I think it's hurting my business, but not long before the update, I had a possible stalker issue that I am hoping was coincidence and it could have been. Basically I have my state blocked but since anyone with a VPN can bypass geo-blocking, someone with a TX longhorn avatar followed me and when i looked at their profile it said, "Sorry, only here for one girl, my___" and it was the first three letters of my real name. It creeped me out and of course I blocked them and messaged mv about what I could do to prevent them from lurking or possibly outing me. They said that the member could easily make another profile and follow me and I changed my display name. And I also kept my eye out for members with brand new profiles who followed me and did block someone I was suspicious about. And then like 2 weeks later, this update made it where I have much less control since I can't see who my new followers are and when they joined.

When I messaged support to expressed my concern about the issue with notifications and how we can no longer see when members joined mv, and that it could pose a security concern for creators in addition to concerns about it affecting our business. They basically said that the new interface is functioning how it's supposed to and gave me a link to send feedback if I'm not happy with it. No acknowledgement of my previous issue. I left a message on the feedback form they gave me and seriously, it seemed like my business was even slower after that. I hate to be conspiratorial but it's very strange.

Another mv creator I messaged who had been publicly sharing their displeasure with the update said that they thought that 1. The IT department was completely and utterly incompetent or 2. That certain glitches and errors were intentionally being left in place to direct traffic to the top mv creators since they generate the most $$.

I'm not sure where to go from here, but it's disheartening to be building a fan base and making $ to nothing. I really like a lot of things about mv, but I feel discouraged.

Anyone have a similar experience with mv? Any advice welcome and appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

mischka

ManyVids has never been a good site for me. My clips that sell like crazy on other sites don't really do well there. I still upload there but it's last on my list. I do better selling my vids on iWantClips, NiteFlirt, and Clips4Sale.