myfreecams private messaging

ManyVids

I found a really helpful post on here saying that when it gets silent on a site, people pretend to be talking to other users.
but my question is if nobody's in my room on MFC should I just pretend people are private messaging me? because as far as I know everyone can see who's in the room etc. can people see that I don't have anyone pming?
also, it seems like when someone's username is not showing up in my room but they are pming me, they're not even watching me.
sorry if answers can be found elsewhere, i searched the forums.

ManyVids

I think people do that as an exercise, to get confident about talking in general over a broadcast.

Personally I talk to myself, about what happened in my day. What I notice in the room, or about the music I'm playing.

Some people may talk to imaginary folks instead. Whether talking to yourself or talking to people who aren't really there, both can seem like you're losing your mind at first. but the aim is probably the same: to get comfortable with using your voice constantly. Once you're comfortable talking without need for prompts from others, it's a big advantage to winning tips and breaking in regular, loyal tippers new to the room.

edit: I realise it's not a direct answer to your question. Not a regular user of MFC so I dont know the specifics on there.