Newer Model in Need of Assistance

FanCentro

(I hope I'm starting this in the right place.)

BASICALLY; I am having trouble finding the right audience.

My name is Marina and I started camming in November. I'm looking for some advice as to where I should be working on cam. I have used Chaturbate (didn't particularly like it) and MyFreeCams so far. I tend to spend about a month on a new site, get a feel for the community and atmosphere there, assess my earnings and move on.

I love MFC for the community aspect and the non-sexual kind of laid-back atmosphere in my room, but even when I was in that first 10 hours of new model promo, I had max 20 people in my room and only 3 or 4 actually talked if anyone did at all. I haven't had much luck with tips, reaching goals and selling stuff on MFCShare. I have very reasonable prices (I think) and yet, I haven't sold a single item on my store. Not the photoset, Snapchat, Skype, etc. Nothing! I even offer GFE and custom videos, but nobody has bought any of those yet either.

I tend to spend 2-3 hours on cam everyday minus the holidays when I wasn't able to find time to cam for obvious reasons. I am very friendly and try to play games with my room, but nobody really bites. I have only made about $75 since November and about 2/3 of that was from MFC. I think maybe my niche is too small on MFC and CB so that's why I'm not getting the income that I need. (And no, I don't expect to make $10k+/mo by any means, I just want to have enough to support my family and help contribute to the household more.)

I am thinking perhaps my target audience is on a different camsite?

I want to focus on the "pet-play" fetish that falls under BDSM and haven't found ANYBODY who wants to play with me (kitten play) or become my "master" on MFC or CB. I am wondering, where are all the masters hiding? Are they on a more fetish-focused site? Are they on one of the PPM sites like Streamate or Jasmin? I have no idea. I haven't even found a single model to offer similar fetish play as what I'm offering, so it's not like I can just go ask them where they're finding the most success...boo!

What are the most "fetish-friendly" sites with decent traffic?

I understand that KinkLive went south recently, so I haven't bothered applying there.
I guess they're owned by Flirt4Free now?
Is that where all the kinky clients are?

Please point me in the right direction!

FanCentro

I understand the frustration that can happen as a new model on a site. Honestly, you have the right mentality to stick around for a month to feel out if something is working for you or not. I know on Stripchat the BDSM does pretty darn well and there are users that really love it. As a new model, you get 2 weeks of promo status plus boosted placement on the site, payouts are minimum 50% (up to 60% with hourly/monthly contests), you can also sell your videos and photos, plus more.

Definitely, stick to the sexy stuff that you like because there is a niche for it. I'm not sure if you'd do super well on Streammate or LiveJasmin. I know many models split cam or just arrange a few days for all the sites they're on. I'd definitely say it's worth trying Stripchat.com as new US models do really well on our site.

Are you using social media? (Preferably Twitter and Instagram) This could really help you
- especially Twitter.