Splitcamming 101

camshow

Legendary
OK. Now that I know to have Manycams open before I use a site, I'm still running into technical issues that are really making me wonder if buying the full version would be worth it.

I often broadcast from SM and Cams but most of the time I'll lose my audio on SM. A few customers have said that my camera was a little blurry or lagging. I sent an email to Manycams asking if there's a guarantee but they never responded. This also makes me wonder if they make certain that the free version is crappy in order to persuade people into buying the full version.

It's a clever gimmic (Starbucks does the same with their coffee-the cheap coffee tastes like crap) but OMG, at least allow it to run smoothly in order to better convince a person to buy the full version.

I'm also curious to know if anyone knows anything about Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop| AMD A8 | Fire Red, HP Pavilion 17z Laptop| AMD Quad-Core A4 and the Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop | Intel Pentium

camshow

Legendary
Instead of buying full version of ManyCams, its about the same price just to buy a second webcam. Then you don't need to worry about futzing with the software. This way, you can also use the encoder with full force on whatever sites use it. I have up to 3 running at the same time, with a little sticker on each one (gotta love the freebies they send home from kindergarten) so I know which site it goes with. Juggling two cams is fairly easy, juggling 3 requires at least 1 more browser type (I have Chrome and Explorer up, some sites like Firefox though).

ManyCams and the encoder don't play well together due to SM changing to widescreen as their default...one of the reasons for this was to reduce splitcamming except for people that really have the tech setup for it. Also, a lot of other sites like to downrank you if they detect the ManyCam or other splitter software, but if you're running multiple cams there's no way to pick that up.

For the laptops, it looks like the 15 can't display full widescreen. So between the 15R and HP Pavilion, the 15R has about double the power you need for encoder and processing.