Streamate added a Video Gallery Tab to my profile with a fully nude show for $2.99, Help!

CamSoda

Do any other SM models have a "Video Gallery" tab? I just noticed this has been mysteriously added when I went into my profile under my member (not performer) account. I emailed support about it and this is the response I got back.

Hi, When I am logged into my member account and pull up my profile I see that a new tab for Video Gallery has been recently added with a recorded show from 4/30/15 for $2.99 1 day access. Why was this added and do I have a choice to remove it? What is the content and duration of this video?

Hi, The video gallery is an automated feature that pulls short teaser clips from your live sessions. These promotional videos can help members know what to expect during shows. They can be viewed even while you are offline.

Members like the clips, but live sessions were the reason they joined Streamate! These clips are intended to build your audience and bring in new regulars. This feature increases the quality of the site, drawing in even more potential customers for you.

Storing and streaming these videos take a lot of resources, which are covered by the earnings the clips generate. This service helps increase the quality of our site, and was not introduced for profit purposes.

Let us know if you have any other questions about the video clips feature or if you have videos on your profile that you would like removed.

I had to pay the $2.99 just to find out what they recorded and it is a 5 minute fully nude, dirty talkin, and pussy pounding show from a premium chat (group show). I don't do gold shows EVER but my premium chat show is basically like a gold show. I would never do a Gold Show for less than $3.00 if I ever did them, and I don't believe that allowing a customer to masturbate to a 5 minute long full show is going to necessarily make him a repeat customer. If selling group shows for a low price worked for me, I would be doing that. I don't understand why they decided to add this to my profile after a year of camming on SM. Was it just my turn? Have other models gone through this?

I poked around on the front page and looked at other models profiles while logged in as a member. Very few of them have a Video Gallery tab. Is this because these models had this happen and asked SM to remove it? I also saw one or two profiles that have a "My Free Videos" tab that look like the uploading was done by the model to showcase content SHE wanted to use to entice the customer.

My gut instinct is to ask them to take this down. About half my cam work is fetish and some of it is non-nude. Support's response to my question indicates that I am not making a cent off a member spending $2.99 and it is stated that the payments support storage and streaming costs...what a crock...and just another reason to ask them to remove it.

I don't think this feature is helping me sell premium and exclusive chat time which is how I make my money. If anyone has any experience with this, or any idea how this feature might be helpful to the model, please post. Thank you!