Streamate is recording exclusives and posting them online

kissofacobra

What's the legality of this? There's a site called Live Violet that posts videos of Streamate models. I had assumed this was just some asshole from overseas posting his private shows for profit, but then I saw one of my own "exclusive" shows uploaded to the site. I was shocked, really.

Why is Streamate staff allowing this? Actually, I think they're the ones doing it, being that Live Violet appears to be an affiliate.

Something I've noticed is that a lot of new models are brought into insanely long exclusives during their first one or two days. And by long, I mean 2 to 3 hours. Gee, I wonder if that's a regular customer, or Streamate staff recording content for their own use?

I’ll admit it’s been years since I read the TOS but I’m pretty sure it’s stated that sm owns the rights to our stream and pretty much anything uploaded to the public area. It’s really not that uncommon as most sites have something similar in their tos. I don’t know about the specific site you mentioned but I’d say that things like this is how sm brings traffic to the site.... it’s one of their marketing strategies.

You can always try to send a dmca if you want to try and get your content removed or another option would be to join, download/record the video and start selling it yourself.

IMO it’s a waste of time to keep up with stuff like this. It takes way to much time away from other productive things I could be doing so I just think of it as free promotion and go on with my day.