Are Camgirls Morally Obligated To Disclose Their Relationship Status?

anaismay

Recent events have made me ponder the nature of ethics and morals between a model and her members. I'm trying to play both sides of this, and see it from both the members side and the models side.

Should camgirls be completely truthful and honest whether or not they have a boyfriend or husband? Should she disclose the information to everyone openly, or only to members who ask and who are significantly contributing to her overall income?
A reasonable argument is that a cam girl is a fantasy actress, and that she is selling an experience, not reality. A great actress never breaks character during her performance. A cam model is seen as selling her persona. On the other hand, members become emotionally fond of their favorite camgirl and learn a lot about her life. They feel a bond, a closeness, and even loved. She makes him feel like the only man in the world for her. When a member finds out she is married, a sense of trust is shattered, and feelings of betrayal set in. I can imagine a member who truly felt a connection, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, to discover it was all a lie is utterly heart breaking.

Let's be honest, many women in the sex industry lie. They lie about their age, they lie about the real name, they lie about where the live. What's one more lie such as being single? Everything is protected behind a persona. Or should models be completely honest right out the gate? Or should they be honest with their top tippers? I can see why a model would want to appear single, because the fantasy of being attainable is very alluring and profitable.

I believe cam sites are a powerful example of something called parasocial relationships. With camming, it becomes more interactive and lines blur. So, I'll open for discussion. I'm eager to hear what you all think.

evapirs

They are not selling a relationship. So no, of course not. Any cam customer would have to be pretty slow not to realize the number of men a cam girl must see to make a living. That's just math. We are selling sex, nothing else. I agree that this is a terrible question, and not, and never would be your business.

Nowhere on any cam site is a viewer promised a relationship. Quite the opposite, they are promised discretion and sexual titillation.

As I've said a million times, viewers are buying time with us, and sexual services/ release. We are humans. We are not for sale like a fricken car would be! And you're most certainly not getting a damn carfax. Jesus!

ETA; Also what annoys me is people talking like "love" or caring for other people can only be between 2 people. Where do so many people get this idea that as humans, none of us are capable of loving or caring for more than one person at a time? To me, that attitude is where a lot of this crap comes from, and it comes from a mentality of ownership, which is not the same as love. Although I've noticed that many immature people do tend to confuse the two.