BongaCams: Questions & Information

meganwest

I wrote this on the forums and figured I'd share it here, too. I saw that a few models were curious about Bonga or had tried it and didn't really like it or what have you. So, I wanted to clear the air and give everyone a ton more information about Bonga in the verified only area.

Disclaimer:
* This thread is based on my own personal experiences and interpretations.

So, here we go! :)

Why did you try out Bonga? It seems to have such a bad rep...

A few reasons:
- I am always on the look out for new sites, especially because I do split cam. In my theory, the more sites I have to pick from in my caming tool belt, the better.
- I was curious, especially after that funny thread, and I just had to experience it for myself. I had 0 expectations but was blown away.
-I saw a few models curious and interested in it as well but were hesitant to start. Because I split cam anyway, I figured I might as well test it out and report back.

What is your overall opinion on it?

I really think it's a fantastic cam site! I will be making this my main caming site with Miqote and moving the others as secondary cam sites to either use as a back up and/or to split cam with.

What's the payment information on it?

You keep 5 cents per token, just like many of the other larger cam sites.
Members purchase tokens at 14 cents (for the smallest package) up to 11 cents (for the largest package).

You need $50 minimum payout and they do have direct deposit. There are other payment options, as well.

What makes Bonga Cams stand out?

To me, Bonga Cams is taking a lot of great features that are known on other sites and have combined them in their own way to make it their own. There are so many great features that I hope I cover the highlights in this thread. Please allow me to explain a few:

TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC! :D
Bonga Cams has *amazing* and *high* traffic. My room counts are higher on here than they were on both MFC and CB with half the work.

I can be just sitting there, waiting for a countdown, and I'll have a minimum of 50 people in there. Of course, many are guests (same ratio as MFC/CB), but these room counts never happened to me on MFC or CB when I was "just" sitting there, especially at prime time. When I do a show, my room count shoots up even more.

The traffic reminds me a little bit of the culture on CB, in that there are many tippers but generally they tip smaller amounts at a time. From my time on there, it seems to be part of the Bonga culture for people to tip ones randomly, haha.

VIP Shows - Bonga Cams pays YOU
This is, hands down, one of my favorite features about this site. Every 3-4 days you can sign yourself up to a perform in a VIP show. Bonga will pay you $25 for 30 minutes or $50 for 60 minutes. The show is only view-able to their VIP members.

Euros is the Primary Currency
I get paid in USD but the primary currency is Euros. Therefore, depending on the conversion rate, you could end up with "more" money than you actually made :p Awesome sauce!

Fantastic Support
This is the best support I have ever experienced. No more do you have to write e-mails and wait days for a response that probably is just copied and pasted general information that does not answer your question. Bonga has a live chat within the model dashboard that is accessible 24/7. I've used it at all kinds of times on all kinds of days and they have always been there ready to help.

Go to First Place Button
Ever dream about what differences it would make for your stream if you could have the #1 spot on a cam site? Bonga Cams make it possible because they give all new models a "Go to First Place" button. I believe it can be used once every 12 hours. So, you can use it however you'd like whether it's to start a show or if your show already started or however you want to. After your new model status wears off, you will still have the button but you have to make $450 the previous week for it to be there.

No Cam Score
I'm not entirely sure how models are sorted on the home page. VIP shows are always first, if there is one going on. After that, no idea, other than if the model herself pushed "Go to First". However, there are categories, similar to SM, off to the left side. So, members are able to sort and find you that way. And, it doesn't appear to be sorted by room count as on CB.

Free Chat Experience or Private Based Experience
There are two chat types on Bonga. The free chat is similar to CB and MFC where you are able to perform and entertain for tips and set topics and activities.

After you work 50 hours on the site, you can opt into their "VIP Zone Chat" where you are able to have an SM-like experience where you focus on privates. Support needs to approve your feed but it's pretty basic (having sound, HD cam, etc). No free members are allowed to enter (but guests can still see you, just like on SM). Bonga also pays you $1/hour while you are in free chat waiting for a private. There are not many models that use this feature (in my experience, there are less than 10 at a time, sometimes less than 5 at a time), so when a member is looking for a private, you have a very high chance of being taken to private (of course, you can still be taken to private from free chat mode as well).

After you've been approved for private based chat, you are free to pick what chat mode you'd like to do and can freely switch between the two.

In my experience and opinion, Bonga needs to do a better job promoting their VIP Zone Chat. It's off in the little corner tab and so there is a dramatic traffic drop between their free chat and private chat areas. In my experience, I still do get more privates on SM but when I'm busy with other tasks or am otherwise wanting to put Bonga on ignore for a while, the $1/hour starts to add up and is better than 0.

Referral Bonuses
Referring your members is a great way to make extra money. On most sites, you simply get a higher percentage of what they spend on you. In Bonga's case, you get 15% of every purchase they make. So, if they buy tokens and never use them or want to sit on them for whatever reason, you still get paid. If they like to visit other models and spend money on them, you still get paid. It's fantastic!

Referring models is also an option. You get 5% of their earnings. This 5% is taken away from Bonga's cut so, instead of that 5% going to Bonga, you're helping a fellow model because she instead will keep it. Speaking of referring models, if you're interested in trying it, here is my referral link :)

Contests: Hourly & Weekly
Unlike Miss MFC's monthly contest, Bonga has a weekly contest for the Top 50. The number one girl makes $1,000 and it trickles down from there. Every. Single. Week! There are * a lot * less models on here than on MFC so it's much easier to actually make a rank. Even an extra $25 is great.

In addition, there's also an hourly contest, very similar to CB, in that the first and second highest room counts get a bonus. I believe it's $5-$10.

Top 5 Spender's Contest
Members also have their own small daily contest. As of January 2016, it is as follows:

1st place 200 Tokens
2nd place 150 Tokens
3rd place 100 Tokens
4th place 50 Tokens
5th place 25 Tokens

It's not much, but it is something. A small way to give back to those members that spend :)

What other information can you give me about Bonga Cams?

These are features about the site I thought could be good or bad, depending on your personal style and preference.

Set Rates for Group, Private and Spy
You are unable to change these rates, similar to MFC. As of January 2016, the rates on Bonga are as follows:
Group chat per minute = 15 tokens
Private chat per minute = 30 tokens
Full private chat per minute = 45 tokens
Voyeur chat per minute = 7 tokens

Privates
An interesting feature on Bonga is that you can go private without first securing a paying member. So, if you are split caming and want to not give free chat a show, just click on private chat and you are out of there. Or, if you have one or more people that seem interested in a show or what have you, you can initiate the show yourself. At that time, people can come in and watch for the 7 tokens/minute.

The downside is that you'll have idiots that want you to initiate it so they can pay 7 tokens/minute instead of 30 tokens/minute. How you handle that is up to you.

On the flip side, if someone does initiate a private, spies are free to come in so you can make the 30 tokens/minute plus any spies that are 7 tokens/minute. In my experience, most users use this option as oppose to the full private option.

Split Caming is Allowed
It's not against the rules. The only time it is against the rules is when you are performing in a VIP Show (but Bonga is paying you).

No Outside Contact Allowed
Just like SM, you have to pretend that Bonga is the only site that exists. No Twitter, No Snapchat, No E-E-mails, nothing. Obviously, some girls really love this feature whereas others don't prefer it.

Profiles, Friend Requests, Cam & Messaging
Just like on MFC, you have a profile you can decorate and personalize with HTML. You can also set activities that you will and will not do sexually or in your shows and privates.

Users are able to send you friend requests (but you are able to turn this off so you aren't stuck adding or removing requests every time you're online) and you can set who can and cannot PM you (only friends, everyone, users with x amount of tokens, etc). The only difference here is that there doesn't seem to be a master friend's list where you can message someone when they are online, as an instant messenger. This can only seemingly be done by their in house messenger, which is similar to MFC mail.

You are able to view people's cam, even outside of private, just like on MFC.

You Can See Tokens & Other Info About Members
You can see how many tokens a user has, along with their membership level and even general location. Users, just like on MFC, can also create their own profiles. To my knowledge, there is no way members can block this information, as on MFC.

Geo-blocking is Available
Enough said :p

No Charge-backs
Enough said here, too :p

Couples, Men, & Transsexuals Allowed
Everyone can cam on Bonga and they are separated by pages.

VIP Memberships
VIP Memberships are similar to how CB has a monthly membership that users can subscribe to via the site. The thing to keep in mind is that VIP members are able to see any videos you put to your profile for free. Therefore, it's unfortunately not an ideal place to sell videos (nor can you give away videos as a prize because outside contact or links aren't allowed - not even Project Maenad). I myself have a silly video that I don't mind users seeing free.

No Bots or Apps
Unlike CB, there are no bots or apps to personalize your free chat experience. Just like MFC, there is only an option to set a topic and have a general countdown. However, with you being able to click "private chat", you can escape free chat whenever you want to and members can pay 7 tokens a minute to join you there.

I'm convinced! How do I start or try Bonga out?

That way, 5% would be given to me instead of given to Bonga.

However! My hope is that this is helpful and it's certainly not my primary goal to get sign ups so if you'd rather not sign up with my referral, simply go to bongamodels.com

Thank you, everyone! Happy Caming!

lauralux

i also splitcam so i made an account about 1 year ago but when they said i'm not allowed to watermark my feed that was a big NO for me. since show recordings happen and i want people to be able to trace it back to me, i can't go on cam without a watermark..i think it's silly and stupid they don't allow that but they made it pretty clear to me so i gave up.