Camming, dating and r-e-s-p-e-c-t...

bellanasty

Hello fellow camgirls and boys,

I've been keeping a blog over the past year or so recounting some of my experiences camming. I'll hopefully share it on here some time - I guess I bizarrely feel most anxious sharing it with cammers, because you all know the industry well enough as it is! Anyway, I've managed to get a couple of articles published and I'm trying to think of what to write next for this column I've been doing. And I decided I'd like to write about the effect that camming has on dating, people's opinion of you, etc.

I'm a single gal, and have been for longer than I'd care to admit! And I have to say - over the past couple of years my faith in finding a nice dude has pretty much vanished. I've found myself to be treated pretty badly by potential suitors, and I'm wondering whether it's to do with their attitudes about my work. I've generally been open and honest, hoping that they know me well enough to get their head around it when I tell them...and in every instance these guys have claimed to be 'totally cool' with what I do, but then they turn around and treat me like absolute turd! What gives? And I don't even think it's that I'm going for shitty dudes either - in most instances I know enough of their friends to be told that their disrespectful behaviour is pretty uncharacteristic.

So basically I'm really bewildered about my treatment and wondered whether any other camgirls (or guys) have experienced this sort of thing? I'm completely aware of the fact that I might just have had some shitty luck with guys, but I couldn't help but wonder whether it might affect a fella's opinion of me (even if it is subconscious)...

I'll share what I end up writing when it's finished! :)

Well, I'm afraid I cannot say anything too optimistic about it either. For sure it is not abt you - as tinkerb3lla said, it is about guys who are not ready for this kind of relation, probably they r just self-conscious.

My partner is 'totally cool' with what I' doing, we've been together for 4 yrs and I've been on cams for 3 yrs (not full time, just evenings)... Not sure about our future cause I don't turn him on anymore =/

Seeing me every day wearing sexy lingerie, nice make-up, acting like a nympho in front of the cam made him kind of bored I'd say. Like, it's nothing special anymore. Of course, he has never said that but I can tell what it is. Sex is not that great either (although I have been trying hard to make it sparkle again) and tbh recently I don't feel like trying anymore.

And talking about the respect... I think people should split the budget more or less accordingly to their earnings. Still, after adding up my daily job n cams he earns more (I got uni too for next 2yrs and I can barely find time to fit in anything more). Guess what he thinks? That if I wanted, I could earn as much as I want, cause cams are easy money. I'm just being lazy.

Don't know what's wrong with guys, I do agree, it's probably nearly impossible to find someone special these days.