Camming while sick

shawty

I did a search on here and found a couple of old/dead threads about working while sick. I'm amazed how many of you do it. Do you still manage to make an ok amount of money? Do you feel like it has affected your brand/following in any way?

I've taken four days off because I have a fever, my nose is running like a faucet, and I sound like Kermit the Frog's grandmother. My "new" status on Stripchat just ended, a whale made a massive improvement in my camscore there, and I noticed another (paying) fan online when I logged on to add a few pix yesterday. I also need to spend some time on Streamate since I'm having to rebuild my clientele there after a long hiatus.

If this were a headache or something that wouldn't be noticeable on cam, I'd just grin and bear it. But this is different. Where do you draw the line and take time off? Would I be shooting myself in the foot by logging on like this? How do you ladies (and gents) do it?

Sorry for so many questions. Laying on the couch doing little but going through tons of tissues is driving me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondjackson

well it totally depends on what kind of sick we're talking about.
i have worked with a cold, a headache, period cramps, back ache (which never goes away), stomach pain...but now i have thrombophlebitis in my left leg and even with treatment it has spread in the whole leg and i tried to work today but i can't keep my leg straight or bent..only some positions are less painful and camming was dead...and all i felt was the need to cry from pain and sorrow so i guess this is where i draw the line...i struggled on cam for 4 hours to no end. got no money for more doctor appointments and meds..can't work to earn some..vicious circle.