Clips How To

CherryCrush

Legendary
Hi Everyone,
I have looked far and wide for guidelines of what clips are.
How long are they? Are you hiring someone to do the filming or do you do it all yourself? Do you edit them yourself? Do you film them on the same cam you use for broadcasting? How much do they sell for? How much time is put into one single clip? So many questions. Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

CherryCrush

Legendary
Yes, especially if it's some type of roleplay or requires specific costumes or settings. I mean, it may take you one entire hour only to edit a 10 min video.
In my case I take one hour only for setting the scene, so to speak (a.k.a. cleaning the filming area, choosing the outfit, printing and learning the scenario in case it's a custom); then another hour (or even more) is spent showering, shaving, drying my hair and putting on my makeup.
The filming itself takes, in fact, less time than the entire process of pre and post production. I am shooting everything once and in one single take, and I'm usually done, but that may not be your case. If you're inexperienced or camera shy you'll need to refilm the same scene a couple of times till you are happy with the result.
Then, the post-production starts: video editing, uploading to different sites or directly to your customer (and pray your internet is not having a bad upload day), writing clip descriptions (I hate that!), making a gif, taking at least 1-2 screenshots for promoting your clip. So yeah, make sure you'll price accordingly.