Fear of your webcam model career being found out

trisha

I am new to the adult webcam lifestyle and have signed up for a few of the popular sites. I have been broadcasting a few hours a week.

So far I have been keeping my webcam career private and use the geo blocking features.

However it hit me today when I was out in public with my family, what if somebody notices me from one of those sites.

Sometimes I think maybe I should close all my webcam accounts, other times I think it is fun and don’t want to close my accounts.

Not sure what all these crazy feelings mean. Just curious if anybody else feels the similar ways. If so, what do you do to get over the fear of being discovered in real life.

meltymochi

The feeling is real. I actually experienced this fear when I was with someone in a long-distance relationship and he asked for photos and videos.
Things didn't work out with him, but it always stayed in the back of my head that those photos are now "out there" in the web.
Years later, another long-distance partner wanted to record and take photos of certain intimate moments of us in the beginning - something to remember me by - and because photos of me were already out there, I caved.
Though the discomfort was a bit faded, it was still there... unaddressed.

When I got around to doing camming, after a friend suggested I should look into it, I had to confront this discomfort head on because this took it to a new level of being "out there".
What did I do? I asked myself if I can fully own doing this as work, as a way to s a f e l y connect with people AND have fun doing it.
The answer I got was a resounding yes - I genuinely wanted to do it!
That left addressing how I would respond if I was ever confronted by anyone, at any point in the future. I figured for this response, it would always be unique to the moment and person, but that one thing would remain and that is my intention for what I am doing this work for - because, for me, it is a way to safely play with other consenting adults on platforms where that is the point, without having to leave my home. And yes, I do get paid because I've made this my work and I get to have fun doing it.

I believe that, in this day and age, where so many barriers have been removed and anything is possible, we get to feel free to choose what we do (at any point in our lives) and love what we do.
Jealousy, judgement, criticism, and anything of the like from another - especially ourselves - is not healthy when we're trying to progress in our lives. If you have people around you like that, or a person in your head like that, addressing what to do with them might be your first consideration, in order to live fully ♡