My First Time

sara

I titled my first ever stream "my first time" because I think I'm clever. Little did I know it would be just as awkward as my actual first time.

My first stream on Chaturbate was neither a terrible failure nor a complete success. It was exactly what I expected as someone who treats sex work as a job in that my first day of work was just like any first day of work I've ever experienced. I was nervous, but excited, prepared yet confused, unsure about what would happen, but excited none the less to try. After about 2 hours of work I shut down the stream, a few dollars richer with "my first time" under my belt.

Many people still see camming and sex work as something to be ashamed of, because to them this isn't work. There are those who feel that because I get naked in camera that I'm somehow "getting rich quick" which anyone who cams can tell you is not the truth. It's a hustle, it's a grind, it is work. When I'm not camming I'm planning shows, looking at analytics and making goals. When I am camming I'm constantly aware that I'm doing a job, making transactions, running a business. It isn't glamorous, it isn't scandalous, it's work.

My first time camming isn't a moment I'll always remember, it isn't one that makes a great story, it was just another day, because to me it was like any other first day of work. Because that's exactly what camming is, work.