My year as a camgirl on cams (trial and error)

chatorgasm

Hey guys! So this is my first post Its going to be about a few things. My experience in the last year becoming a camgirl, and a few things that have proven to be very difficult and may have caused some bumps in the road along my journey, and also a couple questions im left with.
So, Ive been camming for almost a full year now, and i don't think ive ever tried to do anything in my entire life that's required so much trial and error, and feeling like you can do it one moment, and than feeling like "why should i even try!?" the next.
I found out about camming through someone that use to go to school with. She has very bad social anxiety, and this was the only job that she has been able to keep and be very VERY successful at, (and it was a mega confidence booster for her.) I also have always dealt with social anxiety, so I decided to give it a try!
The site she worked on, is the one I decided I should probably start with since I would have someone close to me that could show me the ropes. The site is streamray, better known as cams.com.
My first week was pretty great, like most camgirls. All I had was my acer laptop, with a crappy built in webcam, but I still somehow managed to do pretty well and make a quick $100 bucks when I really needed the money. So, I got that feeling that im sure every girl must get after their first successful show, and that was "Wow, if I did this well with my crappy webcam and no toys...I can only imagine how well I would do if I had a great webcam and a few toys" My mind was racing at that point and I was beyond excited. My boyfriend supported me, and even wanted to help as much as he could! It was wonderful. So, I started investing. I bought a dildo first on amazon, and than bought a better webcam. I figured I would be making thousands by the time I got those things based off what you see and hear about how much camgirls can make. Boy was I wrong. It took me a little bit to figure out the new girl status thing. Once I got all my new stuff, I was on page 4 on cams. No one was coming into my room, and it was getting pretty discouraging. I was trying everything I could think of to make myself and my room look more appealing to the eye, trying to find the best angle, ect. But nothing i did ever gave me a big enough boost. I was making some money, but not nearly enough, and was starting to think maybe im not cut out for this. How do these girls get on page 1 and do sooo well? So I started to watch them more, and realized they all had 1 thing in common. (on cams.com atleast.) And that is, they ALL had the lush by lovense, and it seemed like they made alot just from that toy alone. So, I gathered up the last of my money after buying the webcam and dildo, and ordered the Lush. When it came in the mail i could barley contain my excitement! Ive never even owned a vibrater before, let alone a vibrater that everytime it goes off I get paid. Like wow. So I was ready! I took it out of the box, tried to connect it on my phone...but something was wrong. It would not connect...no matter what I did. I had a older android, but everything on lovenses website said it would work with my phone no problem. So I went to go call customer service to find out they dont even have one...you have to email them and they get back to you with vague responses days later. So, I called the customer service for cams.com to see if they know maybe whats going on with it. It took me forever to get a answer, but the answer I got finally was that the lovense app you have to connect to on your phone, was having issues with android, and they did not know when it would be fixed, and that all the models that use it without issues right now, are using iphones. So what Im being told, is that I just spent the last of my money on a very expencive vibrater, that wont even be compatable with my phone. I really felt hopeless than. So I asked him, if I bought a iphone, would it work? He said absolutely. So...I did what I could, because I really wanted this to work, and I bought a used iphone when I really shouldn't have, because at this point now, Ive spent so much money on things that im not even able to utilize. When I got the iphone, I tried to connect it and what do you know...it didnt work. Again. So I called them, again, and this time they told me it was just a bug in the entire system and its not working for alot of people. WHAT. so I just bought a iphone for nothing now. Is this really happening?? I explained my frustration to him and broke down in tears, because all I want this to do is work, and allll everything was doing was working against me. He didnt seem to really care too much, and than he told me...to fake it. He told me "alot of top models on the site do it."
I could have faked it on my own if i didnt care about being genuine...I didnt have to spend $250 on a worthless toy and a iphone. I was so upset that I just stopped camming for a couple weeks, I didnt want to fake it.
A few weeks later, I got a email from cams saying the bug was fixed and it was all good! And they were right this time. It connected on my phone. Now something I want to add here, is that cams.com adversites lovense VERY hard, and they are the ONLY camsite that uses a integrated system for lovense. Every other camsite (MFC, CAM4, ectSmiley ;) has a browser extension you use to control the toy. So Im connected on my phone, and im connected through their integrated system. So far so good....untill. My toy broke. The vibrater in it totally stopped working. Seriously??Smiley (cry) So I wrote to lovense and after weeks of me proving to them that its actually broken, they sent me a replacement. Whew!! So, the replacement gets here, it connects to my phone flawlessly, I go to connect it to cams system, and...it does not connect. I try over and over and over with no luck. I even tried on multiple different computers...nothing. Sometimes it will connect for maybe 10 seconds but it never stays connected, no matter how strong my connection is. So I called cams.com again, and I got the same run around, except this time they "Had no idea, maybe its my location, who knows." So basically im pushed to the side, even though ive invested a year of my time and money into cams.com, and took their advice every step of the way, just to get totally screwed in the end. This is just my experience with them, others may have a better or different experience, but I had a terrible one, and Im really trying to switch sites. Whats really proving to be difficult for me though, is just getting use to something entirely new after trying to learn their system for a year. Cams is based around private shows, and alot of the other sites that seem to be amazing (MFC...) is really based around public shows. Also, when im watching girls on MFC that do very well, they always have content for sale. I dont really want to start on MFC before I have a couple videos for sale, so I can have some incentive for people to tip to reach my countdowns. Now...here's my questions for you MFC ladiesSmiley (H) When you are selling content towards yours countdowns, like (200 for whatever video, or 400 for a set of 3 or whatever), are they purchased off your MFC profile, or is there another way you guys do it? I just...after trial and error for a year, I want to start on a new camsite, and know exactly what im doing and how to do it. I want to feel confident in how im selling my content, and I want my lush toy to work also lol and from everything Ive seen, it works great on MFC because they use the browser extension. Im so excited, and if you ladies would like to give me any tips on creating and editing content that would be so wonderful, I've literally never made any content so any ideas would help! Thankyou guys so much, this website existing for all of us to talk is the best thing ever Smiley (H)Smiley (H)Smiley (H) Ive been so stressed with no one around me really that understands it. My friend that I mentioned earlier that got me into camming, has since quit and taken the sugar daddy route so I cant really go to her for advice.
Thankyou guys so much for taking the time to read this