Private show or tip menu in public chat room: is it a question of preference?

clips4sale

I broke the ice with camming yesterday (after hesitating for a year and a half!) by appearing on MFC for 2hrs30 and got 56$, which I'm happy with because I expected to make nothing. I told the guys that I wanted to go slow, get to know them first, and them to know me, instead of doing everything at the same time because it's overwhelming. A lot of guys were nice. What surprised me is that I thought I would feel overwhelmed with all these guys chatting at the same time and me responding, but strangely enough I did very well and I liked that interaction. I hadn't set a tip menu though because I didn't get to the white board yet etc. so I gave some stuff for free (hey, dummy newbie...)

What I was uncomfortable with was the 2 private shows I did. I got requests, so I said why not, even if it was my first time. But I found the private shows interaction 'empty' because the guys wanted to see me naked in 3 minutes (I guess that's the beginner learning here again and that it's common at the beginning...).

Anyway, I've been reading a lot about camming here and online (and still have to read a lot! What a tough job!) and I wonder if private shows / PPM shows, or staying in a public chat room with a tip menu and setting goals is a question of preference?

Or maybe, because I'm a newbie, I don't understand yet that the money is in private shows?

I would appreciate your points of view and tips! Thank you

clips4sale

Why can't you do both? I use a tip menu, countdown and I go private when they come through (providing I am happy to do the requested show as discussed beforehand). If you don't want to do privates don't, but no reason that you cannot run your room, keep it fun and still do private shows. The guys in your room will either wait, or go and come back or go all together if they are just waiting for others to tip and see stuff. You can do a tip menu in the main topic. Doing stuff for free isn't ideal but sounds like you know this. Just remember yes some guys are nice but your going to be newbie model status, guys will know your new and some will try take advantage of that. You can also set your privates so only guys with an x amount of tokens can send you requests.

Experiment, see what your comfortable with but you don't have to only do one or the other you can do what you want. It's your room