Question Re: Renting A Place To Cam

CherryCrush

Legendary
Hi!

So here's my situation...And any advice would be great!

I'm a full time PSO who works pretty much every day/all day. I have a 2 bedroom in a nice apartment, in the North OC/South LA area in California. I only use the master bedroom and I work in the living room.

While I'm not interested in finding (another) roommate-the one that's here is out in a couple of days and I'm over living with people.

But, my rent is steep and was just raised since my lease needs to be renewed and I had the idea that I could rent that room as a place for someone to do their camming (or PSO) work. I've talked to several people over the years who either would do either cam or PSO work or did but now they don't have the space. Maybe they live with parents, or roommates that wouldn't want that in their home for whatever reasons, or they have kids and the environment they live in doesn't work for them, so an "office" away from home would be perfect.

So, my place would be their work space. It's a private room, approximately 15x12. They can use the bathroom and use the kitchen to warm up their food.

I would either rent it by the week or the month (preferably) and there would be a set "hours of operation" for them to come over and work. I would have nothing to do with their work, I'm not offering a gig or any weird "arrangement" and I would not be in their "business" whatsoever.

Now, my question is: how much should I charge? My initial thought was between $20 & $40 per day depending on how much they need it or if they are taking it by the week or the month. And if I found multiple people (probably no more than 2) who could split time there then that's fine too. Because maybe someone can only use it on the weekends and there's someone else who needs it during the week. I'm pretty open and flexible to other people and their needs...

But I'm just not positive on how much to charge. I realize people have their regular rent, etc. so I don't want to ask for too much, but at the same time, I know how great a place like this would be for someone to do this work-where they otherwise could not if their living situation doesn't permit it, and the earning potential is great, and it has to make sense for me too, having someone here using a great room every single day (if they choose).

So, I'm just looking for your opinions here on what would be a fair price to charge on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Just as some kind of comparison, a room for rent on Airbnb is between $50-100/night in my area, although this is a very different situation.

Thanks for reading and any *positive* thoughts are welcomed!

CherryCrush

Legendary
It's probably better to charge by the hour. The average cam girl only does about 2-3 hours tops so $10 per hour will probably suffice. That being said, because earnings vary wildly, I don't know if the girl would be OK with paying out when her earnings are next to nothing.

Or you can work it out so that it's hourly if they choose or they can pay daily or weekly. You'll probably need to have more than one cam girl to utilize your rent time efficiently. Set up an internet site so they book block times and pay upfront so they don't back out on you at the last minute.

CherryCrush

Legendary
hey,

It is a delicate matter. for example: I work as camgirl, but I never know what time I'll be able to enter, do not have a fixed schedule, some days I work on other days I do not work. some days my earnings are good on other days they are crap.

The amount to charge depends on whether you provide only the space or all that is needed for a camgirl, computer, webcam etc ...

If I was one of those camgirls who need a space outside of their own home, I would not pay the same amount if I had to carry on my computer and everything needed every day.

Imagining that you provide the space, the machine, webcam, everything except the sextoys obviously, you can charge more than if you provide only the space.

in my opinion if you rent for example for a certain period of time, you can get more money with the income of your space with less worries.

if I were you i'll do the following:

for each period of 3 hours daily in a room with everything including the machine would charge $ 40 per week (7 days), or $ 25 if only for the space without computer equipment.
thus, for example 15 hours each day, you could charging 5 periods of time. $40x5= $200 per week

you can rent it to 5 different girls, or if one person wants more than 3 hours per day, Then she must pay for two or three or more periods of time...

I hope these ideas can help in any case is you who have to analyze what suits you best. I wish you success