Question (Trigger Warning)

livejasminm

This may be a trigger warning for some, so I'll leave the topic below if you aren't comfortable reading my question.

Trigger: Childhood sexual abuse/assault.

I've been through it myself. For many years my mother would try labeling me as a sex addict, etc, in my opinion simply for just naturally exploring my sexuality as a teen (online stuff' sending nudes/dirty texts to strangers, then camming itself later when legal). If you're also a survivor of abuse (and are comfortable discussing this here), has anyone in your life judged you for being a camgirl based off the fact you've been abused? It really irks me. How do you deal? And, is it technically an unhealthy thing to be doing when you have trauma?

hialice

I have always been sexual, even before I knew it was "sex" - I know that sounds odd, but when I was pretty young I discovered that if I squeezed my legs together, I would have orgasm after orgasm. Well, it is pretty difficult to control since it felt so good, and I was SO young (elementary school). Well, this didn't sit well with my ultra conservative, religious family. I really felt shamed - and had no real idea why.

I continued to be pretty sexual with my first real experience at 15. I loved it. So, sometimes I think we are just born over sexual sometimes. I found adult work quite easy to fit into. I was a dancer years and years ago and then discovered camming and never looked back. Who knew in your 50's you could still make money in this game!