Scam Alert: My Epic Camming Fail & Warning to Others!

camshow

Legendary
I have been a cam model for 2 years now and feel pretty confident that I have always been able spot a scam pretty quickly. But when money is tight and you are feeling vulnerable I guess it's possible for anyone to loose sight of our limits and make poor decisions. I am human and I made the biggest epic fail of my career. I was in need, I was vulnerable, and I went past my own limits. It has affected me deeply in a way that most major lessons teach us in life. I hope that by sharing my experience I can prevent someone else from being scammed and making the same mistake.

As well all know, it the slower season for most cam models. Holidays always seem to make some customers limit their "playful" spending. I'm pretty fortunate because I have my regular followers and because I manage the "lucrative times" so that my "lean times" tend to hurt a little less. This year I had many unexpected expenses that dipped into my savings and I found myself in a financial pinch and the holidays were looking non-existent. I could care less for myself, but I was worried I'd have nothing under the tree this year for my little girl....let alone the tree.

The other day I was contacted on Skype by a woman who claimed to be a cam model and asked me if I'd be interested in doing a cam show for her boss. I've received offers like this before (but never from another cam model) and have blown them off as a scam. It was exceptionally slow and found this offer an opportunity to amuse myself for a few minutes while I waited for a regular to pay for a show I was going to do in 15 minutes so I asked the girl to explain herself further. She went on to tell me she represented a wealthy Arab gentleman who pays handsomely for certain types of cam models to regularly play on Skype with him. She explained that she and a few select others play with him regularly and that he pays his girls bonuses when they find other cam models to play with him. She explained to me that she used to be a cam model on the big sites but now she only cams for him because she makes so much money. She told me that he usually pays $200 to do a 1 hour interview which would involve mostly talking and getting to know each other, some brief nudity, and then some casual sexual play (nothing kinky or extreme). She then explained that if we ended up hitting it off he usually hires girls to be available for a week at approx 5 hours to do shows for him when he is available for $1500. Now is when the red flags start popping up and I'm about to hit delete when an unusal name shows up on my skype screen requesting to chat with me. It's the "supposed" Arab gentleman. He introduces himself and says that "his girl" thinks he should interview me. He proceeds to ask me a few polite questions about myself (nothing personal). He was actually quite charming and interesting to chat with so I spent about 10 minutes chatting with him. I also am no fool and know that in my experience Arab gentlemen aren't allowed to pay for sex in their culture and call him out on it. He explained how he get's "around" the system by writing off the expense as "contracted employee labor" and how it's worked for him for years. He also told me he only uses girls who have ________(I can't name the company at this time due to the ongoing investigation but it's not paypal) accounts because it isn't linked to the sex industry and coincides with his "contracted labor" red tape. He then told me that he appreciated chatting with me (went about 15 minutes) and that he didn't need to do the interview portion anymore and that he really wanted to play with me. I told him that if he proved himself and paid my account then I would do a show with him after I finished with my regular. I did the show with my regular and when I came back there was $1500 cleared in my account!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got back with the Arab gentleman shaking in disbelief and asked him what was going on. He said he was so charmed by me that he wanted to spend the rest of the evening chatting with me. It was 10 pm my time and I told him that 1am was my max because I need to be up early the next morning. He was appreciative and said it would be just fine. I turned on my camera and we began to get to know each other.

He did not turn on his camera he only spoke to me. We talked for a couple of hours laughing and talking about everything you could think of. After a bit of flirting he asked if we could play. He'd shared with me that he enjoyed being dominant and I told him that I was a switch but enjoyed being submissive as well. We chatted about our soft and hard limits. He explained he liked mild pain play and asked if that would be ok? I agreed but told him I'm not a "pain slut" therefore to keep it mild or I'd have to pull the plug. He was polite and understood. He started off with some mild spanking of my backside (which I can make sound harder than it really feels Smiley ;) He then asked me to spank my breasts. I did so mildly and he showed some mild frustration. He asked me to smack them harder. I did a little harder but then his tone changed and he got a little demanding by telling me that it was insufficient. Now a bit nervous and uncomfortable, wanting to please since he DID just pay me $1500, but it's starting to sting and I can see my breasts begin to redden. I thought of how the $1500 was really going to help me and my daughter right now and smacked myself harder bringing tears to my eyes. I knew I'd now reached my hard limit and told him so. This is when things got scary....

He started yelling at me with the most foul and humiliating expressions and threatened me that if I did not continue with his orders he now had my location through my ip address (which he told me the exact city and state I lived in) and that he could do bad things if he wished. I looked down at my breasts and they were turning black and blue and were swelling. I was exhausted and scared and began to cry and beg him to not be so cruel. But he was hearing none of it. He explained that he'd researched me while we were chatting and began listing every site I was on and would make my life a living hell if I didn't continue.

This was full blown manipulation and terrorism at it's finest. I decided I wasn't going to be bullied any further, looked directly into the camera and gave him an eloquent parting words of wisdom (basically a "f**k you with a smile) and told him I wouldn't compromise my limits any further. I hung up the skype call and immediately blocked him. I went straight to my account and the money was no longer there. He had it removed. I called the company and they said he had cancelled the payment because he'd made a mistake and put the money in the wrong account and transferred the funds to another account. They apologized and said there was nothing they could do unless I could provide a receipt of purchase for the services rendered.

I began to sob. I was ashamed, I'd worked for 4 hours for $0, and now I looked like i'd been brutally attacked. How was I going to work the next day? No amount of make-up was going to cover this up. No amount of justice served would undo the feelings of shame, stupidity, and disappointment I'd felt for allowing myself to be scammed into doing this.

Ladies and gentlemen. I have researched both the cam model and the Arab gentleman and neither exist. But what I did find is that this is a "scouting" ring and there are more people everywhere on twitter and skype looking for girls to do "shows for their wealthy boss". I'm still researching and don't have all the answers yet but I wanted to get this posted before anyone else falls into the trap. Please everyone be careful, don't make the same mistake I did, and I'll update you all when I have more info.
I wish all of you a Happy Holiday and prosperous New Year.