Streamate advices

yoshoflower

Hello guys! I'm a model on MFC but in some days it's really hard for me to make any money. Usually when I don't make any token I log off after 1:30-2 hours because I'm scared that my vamscore will drop a lot. I have a lot of free time because of COVID and I would love to cam more but caming at other hours that I used to on mfc doesn't work for me and my room. Lately I've been thinking to try another cam site in my free time and I want to give Streamate a shot.
Now my question is, What advices would you give to a newbie on Streamate? I never tried a premium cam site before. I know the main rules of the site, but I would love to hear more from models and members.
Thank you and have a lovely sunday!

myfreecamskitty

Advise as a member
Remember privates are 'at will' so pay attention when one has started and when one ends. Big early model mistake is not realizing a private has started and arguing about it or the private ends and you're not giving a show in public. Only exclusives give you the option to accept or not

Members can't PM but they can stop other members from seeing what's written. If you're responding to member use their handles so they know which one you're talking to. Saying yes or no without directing it to a conversation can create confusion.

Don't ask for information as small talk. If you ask me for my name then don't get upset if I ask for yours. SM users are paying largely for secrecy so unless they offer you information themselves stick to their handles and asking what they like from you. Age, Birthday, Location, Name can put members off.

Mention your time and schedule with a timezone. Don't say you get on a 9pm and expect it to be 9pm everywhere in the world.

Verbal language is a VALUE vs typing. If you can verbally speak a language USE IT. Better communication the better value and easier to validate higher rates.

You will always have to SELL your value. Free chat on SM is to make your points as to why they are taking your into private or exclusive. You're going to be asked the same questions over and over. Remember members aren't a hive mind and don't stay in rooms long before leaving (SM does not allow members to see feed for more than one model at a time) so just because you told one member what you do in exclusive 30seconds ago doesn't mean the next member heard any of it.

Make sure your rate is worth your time. Members do not like to be nickel and dimed. A low rate but expecting tips during a private or exclusive generally doesn't work. Just charge a rate high enough that you feel comfortable to perform at.

Don't ignore members when they say there's a problem with your room or your camera. If a member says they can't hit the private button and asks you to restart your session consider doing it. You'd be surprised how many bugs happen on SM. Also if they say your camera is lagging or clipping pay attention since the system requirements are much higher than other cam sites model can often have problems on SM that they don't on other sites.

If you get into a convo with one member in free chat and you see others make sure every few minutest to remind people that you're ready for private at will and don't mind being cut off from a convo. Sometimes members can be too polite and wait till you're 'not busy'.

You can't count on a lush or vibrator to be your sole gimmick on SM. 1 gold = 1 USD not ten cents like other sites so people aren't as willing to tip vibe you, you will have to sell personality and performance.

If you're going to put pictures up one should be a full body one (doesn't have to be nude just so people can get an idea of your body shape) and if you have or use toys a picture of all of them. This will cut conversation down a lot and you'll get a lot less 'what toys you have' or 'stand up so I can see you'. You'll still get those but also you'll know who actually reading through your info

If you not understanding or confused on what the member wants don't freeze up and do nothing. It's often good to just a have routine to fall back on and do till you can figure out what the member is asking for. Members can often have a very short line between 'not understanding' and 'time wasting'

I'll leave it to a model to explain things like if you should respond to emails, the 30second rule, gold shows and things like that.