Streamate Ranking

camshow

Legendary
Hello hello

So there is this new feature "My Ranking" and id like to know if my "Streaming Quality Factors" are to below avarage and what its possible to do to impprove it.

My corrent Bitrate (kbps) is 600.00. - What is your?
My frames per second is 15.0 - What is yours? How can i impprove it???
My round trip (ms) is 505 - What is yours? How can i take it dow to 100?

Id appreciate your tips

Thanks Girls!

camshow

Legendary
Bitrate - This is from your internet provider. Pay them more and maybe they'll improve it if they have a faster upload package. Also, local weather and squirrels/monkeys jumping on things can effect this (no joke). We pay about $120/month for 20Mb uploads - in reality I get about half that, but its more than enough.

Frames per second - This is the power of your computer when it comes to handling the encoder or other software the site runs. Get a better computer with a faster processor. RAM doesn't do much past 4GB, processor speed matters. Laptop processors actually work at about half the rate advertised compared to a desktop due to heating/cooling issues. Mine is locked at 29.97 (the same as a hi-def TV), but can go up to 200.

Round trip - This is how long it takes to get from your house to Seattle, Washington. Pack your bags and move closer Smiley :)Otherwise, not much you can do except wait for really good weather with optimal temperature conditions for data transfer. OR you could rent your own T1 backbone for around $300/month. I'm in the midwest US, and it bounces between 40 and 200.