Streamate Slow?

camshow

Legendary
Hey everyone! Is it just me or has Streamate been extremely slow for you guys as well? I'm having trouble making even $60 in a 5 hour shift!!!!

camshow

Legendary
This thread is a great example of why we need to send a 'support' request to SM, especially if we're having repetitive problems. If we don't tell them we're having problems, then they're not going to know anything is wrong.

Earlier this week I reported similar problems.
In my case I had just updated Adobe Flash (why? why? WHY, did I do that?!), had a problem, so I updated the Adobe Encoder too =p Still having problems, so I wrote to tech support. They're looking into it, saying they'll let me know if they have a solution.

If it's just one squeaky wheel, it will get little attention. A lot of squeaky wheels, they'll put more effort into a quicker solution. If we're not able to keep shows going, it's their bank account suffering too !

PS: Sometimes the device guys are using causes problems.
About 1/2 the people visiting camming sites are on mobile devices (phones & tablets), and that causes all kinds of hiccups in our connections to them.

I've noticed that when one of my friends who uses his Apple product, iPad, he REPEATEDLY has a difficult time getting into Exclusive sessions. He's one of those annoying custies who clicks Exclusive, it clears out my chatroom, but the session doesn't connect. Don't you fucking HATE that?! But it's not HIS fault, it's his (Apple) device.

From what I understand Apple is not based on Adobe Flash like MicroSoft is, and that causes problems. My guy who get's booted going into Exclusive sometimes even blows something out in my connection so I have to stop streaming & re-sign in. Crazy shit!

I believe the different devices guys are using to connect with us cause waaaaaaay more problems than we realize. It's very frustrating dealing with my iPad guy, but he's one of my 40% extra guys, so I gladly put up with his device screwing up my stream so I can make 75% on the Exclusive show (if we can get it to connect)