Video clip feature on Streamate

rabbitscams

Today a client said he could watch a clip (3min) from me for 2.99$.

I emailed Streamate to find out what this is about. This is the answer I got:

"Thank you for contacting us. Here's a little more information about the video clips feature.

The video gallery is an automated feature that pulls short teaser clips from your live sessions. These promotional videos can help members know what to expect during shows. They can be viewed even while you are offline.

Members like the clips, but live sessions were the reason they joined Streamate! These clips are intended to build your audience and bring in new regulars. This feature increases the quality of the site, drawing in even more potential customers for you.

Storing and streaming these videos take a lot of resources, which are covered by the earnings the clips generate. This service helps increase the quality of our site, and was not introduced for profit purposes.

Let us know if you have any other questions about the video clips feature."

And for information, this is the answer I sent:

"Well, I'm concerned about all this, as our shows are all different, with different fetishes, people, fantasies, not suitable for everyone, where I could name names and other private stuff about myself & the client I'm having the session with (and I'm sure you don't appoint one guy per camgirl to find out which clip to feature..). So, now I'm gonna watch out what I'm saying on my private sessions.

And, I don't believe this is good for the client to see first what they can get (or not get!), because as I said before, we're all different & if the clip at this time is just showing one kind of show I provide they could not come & move on instead of getting them to my room first so they can ask questions & get to know me first.

I believe this opportunity to bring people to our chatrooms should be a choice, a camgirl one. We should be choosing whether or not we wish to feature a clip about our shows.

I don't care about the money. I want people in, and for me, I know showing my clip isn't a bonus. I want to have the choice.

Please, consider my answer, and ask the others about this. I know I will.

Thanks for your quick answer & time!"

Anyway. I'd like to have your opinion on this!

rabbitscams

Im tottaly pist! 3 mins is ALOT ! I never show ANYTHING for free , but now they can see EVERYTHING from my 3 EFFIN MINUTE CLIP! Im pist !