What's a realistic minimum bandwidth needed for a good HD stream broadcast?

anaismay

A model friend is setting up to work from home. She thought that she had 1Gb fiber arranged but turns out she can't get that now so needs to find an alternative service.

What's about the minimum she should look for to ensure a good at least 1080 HD broadcast? 4K?

She'll be using OBS and streaming mostly to Chaturbate and StripChat if that makes any difference.

Cb shows the following but I don't have a good sense for whether these are bare minimums or good practical working numbers:

CbSpeeds.png

Are those realistic for a good quality stream?

melenna1

It also depends on how good of compression you are using in OBS. A bad compressor will use 10Mbps for a 1080 and look like crap, and good one will look great at 4Mbps.

Test it by setting it up and then just record a video and then play back the video and see what the quality looks like using different settings.

6mbit should work ok for 1080p. If you are on 2 sites you need to double that plus add a tiny bit. so Say 15MBit for 2x6. And do not go over your upload that will cause issues. I do 4mbit on 1080 and it seems to look good but this is lower than CB indicates will work. I have an old nvidia card and have all of the quality options turned up so it does a good job at 4mbit.

From what I know the AMD videos cards aren't great at compressing. All of the nvidia cards that have compression seem to be pretty good, especially if you turn up the quality options. I don't know about the different version of the intel graphcs, I used an 6th or 7th gen intel once and its quality was not the greatest.