BDSM roles etc?

LittleRedBunny

Hi! I have been a cam model for just over 3 months. Im currently in a 16 year vanilla relationship. I have been scouring the internet for information on figuring out if I am dom/sub. From my research it seems I may be a "switch" .. I am having an incredibly hard time finding reliable information on this . I have searched the forums here, but very little info and some contradictory. (my topic didn't fit within in any one category here on the forums)
I am getting contradictory info that being a switch is even a thing or some say it is an actual term. Can someone direct me to a good site or forum that talks about this please? Been trying to figure this out for a while now...we don't have any BDSM stuff here locally and the web is a confusing place to know whats truth from crap

LittleRedBunny

Actually, there are so few switches in the real world that it is rarely discuss in depth. There are many dominatrixes and submissives. However, many people in this industry play dom/submissive for profit. They are not really lifestylists but more trying to broaden their clientele. Nothing wrong with that but you need to learn more about BDSM before diving into the pool. If you wanted to study the craft of BDSM, then you must start reading from the basics. I would have to say that you can learn via fetlife and collarchat but really you must study BDSM a bit.

Here is my method:

Literature to help learn your BDSM role: I went to the classics of erotica because they are the blueprints on what the modern BDSM scene is built on. Plus, Marquis De Sade and Leopold von Sacher-Masoch wrote the blueprints of what female submission, domination, and switching are.

1. Philosophy in the Boudoir by the Marquis de Sade ( Teach you about the dynamics of master and servant in BDSM and the real world. Covers both maledom and femdom. Ignore De Sade's philosophy towards gross things such as incest in this book.)
2. Venus in Furs by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch ( Tells you about femdom and the male submissive's mind set. It also covers sissies, cuckholds, raceplay, and other things.)
3. The Torture Garden by Octave Mirbeau ( Teaches about femdom, female led houses, mindfuckery, mind games, political domination, raceplay, and edgeplay .)
4. Story of O by Pauline Réage ( Covers the female submissive mindset)

I hope this helps