"Coming out"?

Mature

It's not that I am embarrassed about being a cam girl, because I'm not. To those that know that I am, I am open and honest and don't really think of it as something that I need to hide.
However, I decided that as long as I live here in Japan, I am gonna keep quiet about it to the people that I spend time with. I might live in the country of perverts, but I feel like "coming out" as a cam girl would only put me in a bad situation.. I already get enough annoyance from the stereotype that so desperately clings to me as soon as I mention that I'm Swedish, and I feel that if I mentioned this, then the men surrounding me would get nosebleed and cum in their pants.. (Don't laugh, I am serious! Haha)

So I decided that I would make an announment as soon as I leave Japan and go back to Europe, but I find that this secret is a difficult one to keep..

Just now, I was talking to a friend and the subject turned perverted (as it always does), at which point I was close to saying something that would reveal what I do for a living.. It feels ridiculous to describe it as a mini-heartattack moment, but I guess that is close to what it was.
And while I look forward to not having to lie about it, the "great reveal" still seems somewhat scary, as I sit here now and think about it..

I realize that for some, it might not be a big surprize, but others might choke on their brownies...

Anyway, what I am trying to get to with all of this rambling is basically;

To the ones that have "come out" as a cam girl, how did people react and has anything changed since you did (negatively and/or positively)?

And another thought; how open SHOULD you be about it?

Vintage

If you are leaving Japan, is there really a need to "come out"? I came out to my family and at first it was nerve racking but now I have conversations with my eldest sister about my most kinkiest members!

It feels great to be able to share some funny stories with others and deep down, I would love to be able to tell my close friends about it too, but it was more important for me to tell my family as I live with them and hated sneaking around.