Dreams When We Sleep

sophiejoy

Here is a place where we can all talk about strange dreams or recurring dreams that we have had. It would be wonderful if anyone on here was good at deciphering dreams. I know that I am not, although when it comes to my own dreams, I can sometimes figure out the symbolism in them.

One recurring factor in the majority of my dreams is the presence of a looming body of water of some kind, usually with some unknown and terrifying creature in the depths of it. In real life, I am phobic of open bodies of water and what lives underneath the surface, so I assume my dreams are just a manifestation of my fears. But sometimes I feel like there's something more behind them and the fact that water is almost always present.

Like I just posted a status about having a dream that Johnny Depp wanted to make out with me. Which seems like a normal dream to have, but the beginning of my dream, before he even showed up, there was an incredibly deep pond on my property that connected underneath to a large body of water at the base of a cliff on the edge of my property. Although nothing really happened with the water or anything in it, there was the presence of fear toward both the pond and the main body of water.