I hate Twitter so much

next2you

Am I the only one who struggles with it?

I have a hard time trying to find the balance between authenticity and salesmanship.

Has it been profitable for you? Is it worth building, in your opinion?

I generally hate social media all together but caved with this in hopes I could use it to market myself. I'd love to hear your experiences.

lucyhale

Reddit is certainly the way to go. Once you get the hang of it.

Twitter is a wash of affiliate 'Gods'. I speak highly of them because I am one myself (Although I do not abuse Twitter the way some of my contacts do) For example I know someone who has over 1000 twitter accounts. Each account earns them a small amount each day. They are killing it in profits but saturating the platform with fakery. There are many many more with the same numbers. For me I do not complain because it is a skill in itself and I admire them the same as I admire anyone who does business well. All platforms have the same opportunity for abuse and profit. If you can not beat them. Join them. Be the spider or the fly etc etc....

For us though just posting stuff to advertise ourselves. It sucks. Twitter try to do something about it but there are many systems and techniques that are available to circumvent Twitter's monitoring and banning.

Best to diversify and have a bit of everything.

I saw a post a few months back of a big model who lost her Twitter. She said she may as well die and her life is over. Because she lost a Twitter.... Well shit lady... you are in the wrong business if you lose a social media account and your career is over. Wrong business altogether if you rely on just one or even any platforms to bring your followings and earnings. Diversify. .

Last edited by a moderator: