I need a little computer help! (OBS)

redtube

This is my series of unfortunate oofs. Last month I moved to a new flat, and the internet here is very slow. I can run the web broadcaster alright, but OBS lags so much I can't use it anymore.

...So I bought a portable wifi router and data plan, and my internet in general is better! But when I go live on OBS, I get instantly disconnected, then picked up, then disconnected.

..SOOO, I tried channel bonding through Speedify. But Speedify is not a very straightforward service to run on a Mac. I bought wireless USB adapter to make it work, then screwed myself by inserting a mini-CD into my MacBook (that's what the software was on). Now that suckers stuck in my laptop. The biggest of oofs.

I am going crazy! I'm not sure if its possible to get my own broadband wifi, since I'm renting a room in someone else's home. I'm just trying to think of a cost effective, dummy-proof way to get OBS at working speed again. I saw somewhere that you can adjust OBS settings to accommodate slow wifi, but wouldn't that mess with MFC's settings? haaaaaaalp..

Last edited by a moderator:

xhamster

what settings are you running in obs and what is your current upload speed? specifically what video resolution, hardware or software decoding, what video bitrate and what encode formate do you have selected on the source. if your upload speed is slow you can lower your video bitrate which means obs will be trying to send less data to mfc which might help.