So it looks like ModelCentro will not be absorbing chargebacks.

Xmodels

Hey y'all. Just wanted to share my experiences with you regarding ModelCentro. For some reason it always seems to be me who brings up the chargeback issue!

ModelCentro is a really awesome, easy-to-use site that provides us camgirls with a valuable service - our own website. However, in exchange for this they also take a percentage of our earnings, which I imagine is for site maintenance and to provide a better experience for models. What they have not encountered until very recently is the issue of chargebacks.

I had a client (jordan.slave) on Skype who then sent me money for a show via ModelCentro. He then requested a free show, and when I refused, he told me he'd be charging back all of the money for the original show. I immediately screencapped these messages and sent them in to ModelCentro. However, according to them, the chargeback had been initiated a week ago and they were unsure what was happening. They're now telling me that they haven't decided whether to cover chargebacks for models. My issues are this :

1) If the chargeback was initiated a week before the actual threat, why was I not informed? Why did I have to wait until the client himself contacted me to get this information??

2) Why would a site that takes 35% of our earnings not cover chargebacks? As I was told in an email from ModelCentro, just 2% of transactions end up being fraudulent. If this is the case then why are they not covered?

3) I GAVE PROOF that the chargeback was fraudulent. In cases like this, why am I being penalized?

I guess I'm just disappointed that yet another site appears to be far behind the times. Why would I send my clients to a site that doesn't cover chargebacks when I can have them pay via other means and keep a higher percentage of my money AND be safe in the knowledge that the site will absorb any bank issues? The only bonus for ModelCentro right now is that on the outside, it looks very professional and polished. But if their payment policy is this flawed I think I'll be taking down my account and sticking to the sites that protect their models. When I provide a service, I expect to be paid for that service.

Xmodels

I signed up and have been verified on modelcentro, but I haven't launched my site as of yet. I was waiting til I could get more info first. thanks for this post, I'm going to wait a little while and follow your story before launching.