Streamate credit card scam

Right. I recently joined Streamate thinking it would be nice to try something new for a change (I've been MFC premium for 3 years now). Bad idea I suppose, now it appears that Streamate has been selling my cc information to god knows who... Here's what's happened so far: on the second day I logged in I contacted the support for some Q about my charges. Not only they couldn't answer my questions but they also "froze" my account and a text appeared asking me to call their US based tel. number. As I didn't want to make an overseas call I checked my email just in case and true enough there was an email from Streamate. Except it was an email to join some third party dating website but it was sent under Streamate subject. At first I didn't realize this, so I clicked on it and it automatically registered me as their member. Wtf?

So now Streamate is distributing my cc info to other parties, in this case something called Erotic.net dating website. Not only that, but there is a 3-day "free period" after which they'll start charging 24.95 per month. I immediately tried to cancel both membership accounts, but SM refused to even discuss the dating website. I emailed their "support" and tried to cancel the membership but they just kept replying with another advertisement and a link to unsubscribe for which I didn't even have a password. Finally I got a manual response but it was already over the 3-day mark.

Just wanted to let you guys know, giving Streamate your cc info nowadays is just asking for trouble. Now I'm checking my internet banking every couple of days for any charges. Of course I won't pay lol.

And that's not all. I did some reading on Streamate and there is a performer who found out after she stopped working for Streamate how they created a new account and used their recordings of her private chats as a loop. I'm not sure if I can mention her "stage name" here but I think you guys know her… Such a nice little website they are running.

babyliss

I've had associations with all of the cam sites out there at one point or another and it used to be that you'd never hear of crap like this going on.
That has changed over the years to the point where nothing surprises me anymore.

These sites rely on the fact that they are based in Malta, or special free trade zones in Portugal, the Azores, Caymans, hong kong etc to protect them.
Because what is joe blow in Montana really gonna do ? They figure they can get away with it because most people are not gonna go to their bank and say "i got ripped off by assfuckers.com"
So stealing a dollar each from a million people makes few waves, where if someone steals 1 million from one person everyone knows

The root cause of the change is the elephant in the room no model wants to mention as it's where their bread & butter earnings are made. But it was the tail that wagged the dog to them become the dog itself