Why do studios do this?

anaismay

I was having a conversation off site with my favorite model last night, and she asked me for my opinions on how she could grow her room viewership. She then sent me a link to an anonymous survey that the studio was sponsoring in order to get feedback from loyal viewers. The survey questions were fairly generic and asked questions about why I visit the model(s) I do along with questions about what I look for in a model and why I would leave a room and never return. I completed the survey and focused back on our conversation off site.

I asked her why she keeps her private rate so low(12 tpm) and asked her why she doesn't do more thematic type of shows. She told me that the studio will not allow her to change her private rate, which boggles my mind, so I asked her if this was studio policy and she said that the studio reserves price increases for only the most successful models. Basically, the more popular a model becomes, the higher the studio will adjust her per minute rate. The thing is, the maximum rate the studio will allow for any model they have is 30tpm. It is perplexing that they would control her private prices like this.

In regards to her doing thematic shows, she told me that the studio also controls every aspect of what they do on camera, and any thematic shows must be approved by her superiors before she is allowed to do them. I would guess this is done to protect the studio from possible TOS violations and such, but it is quite odd that she couldn't even do something so standard as a BDSM themed show using ball gags and other basic items.

She told me that the most frustrating aspect of her job was that the studio allows and even encourages their models to have a social media presence on twitter, instagram and other social media platforms, but at the same time they ban any cell phone usage while on cam, and that the room monitors physically keeps her cellphone in their possession, and the monitors are the ones who access, answer and update her social media accounts while she is performing. So I asked her if this was a phone that the studio provided, and she told me that it was her own personal phone. I just shook my head in disbelief.

It just seems that the level of control they have over a model's private rates, and the required approval of thematic shows would have a negative effect on a model being able to grow their room because of the necessary hoops they are made to jump through if they have an idea they want to try.

I know it is their studio and their rules, but are these general practices that most studios employ?

melenna1

My experience with studios is they can vary. Some control every aspect, almost all studios will control the token per minute. If you work for the studio you need to work within their rules. Some are more flexible and allow the price to be amended. The model will usually either leave the room to ask (saying they are going to the toilet or another excuse) or they will be typing to someone asking if the price can be changed.

Also they have helpers who are the people typing to you rather than the model. This allows for models who struggle with English or are new to get on with the show. The helper will interact with you and likely be the one in a private show speaking. I usually insist I speak to the model and make sure she is typing to me rather than another person. Sometimes it’s clear the model is not typing so i kindly ask the model is left in charge of communication

buying WhatsApp from a studio model is a no go for me. As you noted the studio controls this and you are speaking to the room monitor or helper

also, be careful what type of questions you are asking her. These types of conversations don’t go down too well with studios who are monitoring everything she writes. You could inadvertently make her lose her position or give her a bad rep with the studio unknowingly