New and a little anxious.

SasshaRed

Hey everybody! I am completely new to camming. But I really really want to give it a go . I am super excited to start as soon as Streammate approves my ID photos and profile. On the other hand though, I am a little freaked out about my first night on there. This feeling is not new to me, whenever I do something new, I tend to freak out completely until I actually get to doing it, then I am fine. (yay anxiety!) I have done tons of research and lurking on different cam sites, which has helped a lot. But I was hoping for some reassurance via some newbie tips and what I should expect my first time on there.

I have read almost all of the newbie topics on this forum and you guys are so helpful! I guess the only other thing I am freaking out about is the private shows :p Obv I know what goes on during one, but what should I expect? I guess its just messing with me as that's really the only part that I haven't seen. Kinda the fear of the unknown ya know?

Anyway, hope that makes sense. Any tips or stories/scenarios would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SasshaRed

You really just have to jump in and see what happens. Part of the fun is not knowing what is going to come next. The being said, I started camming a little over 2 months ago, and it took about two weeks for me to fall into a nice little routine. The hardest part is clicking start show that first time.

Good luck!

SasshaRed

Hey, best of luck!

If you're first night is tonight, Monday, keep in mind every Monday evening from now until Super Bowl is a football night. While games are on I find it super slow (for shows, mostly just free chat, which is not why we're here).

Also, baseball is having their finals, then the World Series (Ugh!) for the next several weeks at night too =p So that too may make it even slower for you.

OK, enough with the warnings about slow times & sports.
The #1 Must-do in my book is, for the next 30 days while you're on the new models page, ask guys in free chat to 'Favorite' you with the little heart button. SUPER important! Once you're no longer on the new models page, you're going to be tossed in with 1500 other models. If guys haven't 'favorited' you, they will probably have a difficult time finding you again.

I say, "Guys, if you can't play now, please 'favorite' me with the little heart button, so you can find me when you can play." Or something like that.

RE: what goes on in paid sessions?
Buy into a couple of $1 Gold shows and watch what they do.
Tho 1-on-1 privates should be a little more personality driven.

Has anyone told you that we don't get paid anything until the customer has been in our paid chat for at least 30 seconds? This 'glitch' means there will be a LOT of guys popping in for 28 or 29 seconds, hoping to get you to show them everything for FREE.

The game we play with NEW* guys entering PAID chat (which to you is everyone) spend the first 30 seconds engaging them, but not rushing to get naked. Here's what I do:

#1 I always smile, act excited, begin by complimenting them for being decisive & manly, having the guts to take me private. (or something flattering)
#2 Then I ask them their name (sometimes they answer, sometimes not)
(by this time I've burned up about 15 seconds, so if they'be just popped in for the 'FREE' first 30 seconds, they're not getting anything sexy from me yet)
#3. What would you like from me (unless they already told me in Free chat)

** During this convo, I will often drop a bra strap, or squeeze my tits, or some other teasing so they don't get the idea I'm hanging them out to dry.

The trick with the first 30 seconds is to be engaging & sexy, but don't give away too much before you know you're getting paid.

Does that make sense?

I sure this helps! It's all the info I wish someone had told ME when I began on Streamate.

Relax, and don't let the trolls (who WILL harass you) psych you out! Consider it a newbie hazing for the first 30 days =p
What doesn't kill you, makes you strong =)

Relax and enjoy some really wonderfully kind and fun guys too!

* I keep notes on EVERY show/customer (Streamate has a little icon next to each customer name, click on that & a 'notes' box pops up). If a guys is a regular customer with me, then I don't waste the first 30second with him, I get right to business *wink* to keep him satisfied & coming back for more TLC with me