Streamate, Chrome Issue: Jumpy, Freezing, Sound Sync Problems

bosco

Administrator
Staff member
We're all hearing reports from customers that for them our feed is jumpy, freezing, the sound isn't syncing...... and on and on........

Normally I use FireFox for all things Streamate (was told that is the browser they consider the 'best' for our customers). But I occasionally try others (IE, Chrome) to see what our customer experience. Not owning mobile devices, I do my surfing on my i7 Win7 HP Desktop with super internet speeds.

For me, FireFox has been pretty flawless. Occasional small blips, but even when enlarged to maximum size, using those little sizing icons at the bottom of the video window, the feed stays pretty smooth.

Using Chrome, it's pretty stable on the smallest view, but with each increase of size (using the small, big, bigger icons beneath the video) also increases the amount of distortion to the stream, to the point the steam is virtually un-watchable!

So I used my screen capture to show you what's happening for me on Chrome
Please note: Because the screen capture program was running at the same time as the Streamate live stream, I think the lag is a little worse than I normally see on Chrome, but not by much.

Please try Chrome on your different devices, using the 'small, big, bigger' setting and report back here, on this thread, what you experience (and what kind of device you were watching on would be helpful too)

UPDATE: Added this video because (Adorable!) Diana is talking more than the model on the prior video. This is also more typical of what I'm seeing on Streamate when using Chrome. This is a PRIVATE youTube videos, only seen by people with the link (sexcamtalk)

Since it's not happeing for me on FireFox, I assume it has to be an issue with Streamate and Chrome.

Because mobile Android devices default to Chrome, is this problem destroying the viewer experience there too? Please try watching the Streamate feed on your device, Chrome & FF, and report what you find.

If you are a model who has customer complaining your video is jumpy or freezing, ask them what device & browser they're using. Then report back here with your findings.

By logging what we're finding, maybe we can give Streamate a crystal clear explanation of what's going on with the site so they can improve it.

Thanks in advance, for your help testing and reporting.

If you are a model who has customer complaining your video is jumpy or freezing, ask them what device & browser they're using. Then report back here with your findings.

By logging what we're finding, maybe we can give Streamate a crystal clear explanation of what's going on with the site so they can improve it.

Thanks in advance, for your help testing and reporting.

Last edited: